Welcome to our allotment blog. We've got a plot, now we're trying to figure out what we're doing! So please join us - put the kettle on, sit back, and dream about Living The Good Life...

Sunday 23 August 2009

Yikes! Spikes!


I have realised I don't really know what to do with artichokes. I know you can cook them - boil them? - and then somehow pull off the petally bits and eat the bases with butter or hollandaise or something dippy and tasty, but that's about it. Except for the choke or some unappetising aspect which nestles at the bottom and which you should avoid.

Sounds like it's fraught with danger. Plus they're really spiky. Ow.


1 comment:

Amy said...

I love artichokes! Make sure you chop all the petal tips off with scissors before you start or it gets very painful. I recently tried the Basic stuffed artichoke recipe from Gurmet sleuth and it was fantastic.

http://www.gourmetsleuth.com/artichoke.htm#How%20To%20Eat%20an%20Artichoke