Wow. Seeds. Lots of seeds.
Are you ready? (Deep breath...)
- Cucumber Marketmore
- Carrot Rainbow. 'A range of unusual colours' it says.
- Parsnip Panache.
- Asaparagus Pea.
- Pumpkin We B Little 'Heavy yields of mini-pumpkins'.
- Squash scallopini mix. 'Prolific' (read between the lines - this could mean 'lots of fruits' or alternatively 'take over the world'.)
- Squash acorn mix. 'Tasty when roasted'.
- Courgette Gold Rush. (Yes, they're yellow!)
- Kale Dwarf Green Curled.
- Sweetcorn Swift
- Kohl Rabi red and green mix
- Swede Marian (now I have to get something called Robin Hood too)
- Spinach Emilia
- Beetroot Tasty Trio 'Mix of red, yellow and white beets'. (Multi-coloured salads, here we come!).
- Outdoor Tomato Super Marmande. 'Large, irregular shaped fruits, great flavour'.
- Pea Onward.
All for the grand total of... (drumroll please)... £25. Bargain!
The carrot and parsnip says it can be sowed outdoors from February to... wait a minute! It's February NOW! Hurrah!!! Fresh carrots in May, la la la...!
Jamie Oliver is my food hero today. I watched Jamie at Home on Thursday and he was doing strawberries in the first episode, and broad beans and peas in the second. I now can't wait 'til things are in season!!!