Welcome to our allotment blog. We've got a plot, now we're trying to figure out what we're doing! So please join us - put the kettle on, sit back, and dream about Living The Good Life...

Friday 6 February 2009

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...


I've got that song going round and round in my head... "Woah, the weather outside is frightful..."

I ended up making rock cakes and a chicken and mushroom pie on Monday. Managed to get to work on Tuesday and Wednesday, didn't get to the office on Thursday as the buses weren't running (so I made onion chutney and a curry), and am home again on Friday, sounding a bit like a Craig David song.

Adam got out of work early on Monday too, so we went to the allotment to build a snowman. A fine specimen, I think you'll agree.


(Adam's the one on the right...)

So, maybe I need to do more house organising since the weather's not really of the gardening variety. I cleaned out the kitchen cupboards yesterday. Fun.

It's still snowing.

But I helped to push a van and a car up the hill on my walk back from the station, so I'm feeling quite Good Samaritan-y today.

'What about the chooks?' I hear you cry... Well - Ruby T doesn't like the snow very much, and stays in the run, but it doesn't seem to bother Lola, who was out exploring as usual.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My chickens absolutely hate the snow. It's a minor victory if they come down the ramp in the mornings with the current weather!