Welcome to our allotment blog. We've got a plot, now we're trying to figure out what we're doing! So please join us - put the kettle on, sit back, and dream about Living The Good Life...

Monday 2 February 2009

I long for a wood-burning stove



It's snowing today. My boss rang me as I was walking to the train station this morning to say she was stuck - but then she does live in the middle of nowhere. Other colleagues who live in London and get the train up to Luton are also stuck as the trains weren't running. And it turned out that although there were a very few trains running from Bedford, the surprisingly friendly railway people said not to travel as they could almost guarantee that (and I quote) "you won't be able to get home again tonight."

Right...

So I've come home and given the chickens some hot porridge to warm them up. I've left the door to their run open too, but they don't seem to want to venture out into the garden today.

Sensible creatures.

I'm going to put the kettle on and organise our seeds. Then maybe this afternoon I'll make some chutney and some stew. Or a pie. Something warming and heartening, anyway...

2 comments:

Gary and Jen, and Ruby and Peter said...

Sounds like a great day.

Mrs Lewis baking too !

Bettiboots said...

Go, pie, go!