Welcome to our allotment blog. We've got a plot, now we're trying to figure out what we're doing! So please join us - put the kettle on, sit back, and dream about Living The Good Life...

Monday 17 March 2008

All grown up...


Well, another busy weekend... but not on the allotment. We headed off on Friday afternoon for a weekend in Hunstanton with friends. Despite optimistically referring to the trip as 'Sunny Hunny', it wasn't. It rained - a lot. I s'pose it rained most places, in fact, so I shouldn't feel too guilty as we probably wouldn't have been able to do much allotmenteering. But after our trés busy day last weekend, and what with having an unfinished cold frame to finish, I feel like our poor little allotment is being neglected. Things may have Started To Grow, and we'll have missed it!


Ah well. Now the Six Nations has finished we're like regular people again, with Actual Weekends, and we can potter aimlessly as and when we want, rather than have to plan it out in advance like a miltary operation so that we're in front of a telly (preferably in a pub which serves good beer) by 1 o'clock.

Dear me. I'll be getting my pipe and slippers out next... Allotment, real ale, rugby... Whatever happened to the me that scuttled off to university thinking nothing of wearing 5-inch heels all day and drinking vodka-lime-and-lemonades? Now it's all wellies and a thermos of soup and daydreaming about what to do with a bin full of compost...

I'm almost ashamed to admit that I actually said this to Adam as we were driving back from Hunstanton... "Oooh, look - that field's got really good earth..." (In my defence, it was a Particularly Nice Shade of Brown.)

Dammit.

Hope it doesn't rain all Easter weekend. We've got Stuff To Do.

1 comment:

Diana said...

Happy Easter Sarah and Adam! Hope you have some of your veggies with youe dinner. Luv Diana & Johnxx