Welcome to our allotment blog. We've got a plot, now we're trying to figure out what we're doing! So please join us - put the kettle on, sit back, and dream about Living The Good Life...

Thursday 29 April 2010

Oh... stuff


Wow, look, there I go again, getting on with everyday life and forgetting about my poor blog. I seem to have lost enthusiasm for posting right now. Maybe it's work related, maybe it's cos there's not much new going on. But I don't feel like I have much to say. Not that will interest anyone else, anyway. We'll see. Hopefully I'll perk up again soon.

But we have been doing stuff down at the allotment, honest... just not for a couple of weeks.

Just over a fortnight ago we planted our potatoes - first and second earlies. We also did a lot of weeding and hoeing, but still the dandylions come. We've also sown tomatoes and peppers, and any day now we'll get around to doing squash and courgette as well as some salads to grow in windowboxes at home. Adam pottered off one evening and got some seed trays, pots and compost, so there's nothing stopping us now.

And.. urrr...

Maybe for the next little while I'll just try posting more pics and less words.

Bear with me...

4 comments:

Damo said...

Good luck! Loads of weeds at the moment, it's war out there!

Nic said...

Aww I think you go in phases. I am really struggling with my blog at the mo...not helped by the fact that I feel that I *should* blog for work. Grr!!
Be proud of me, I have squashes this year. I am always so jealous of yours. This year we will be over-run. I have pattypan, black beauty,yellow scallop erm....well 6 different ones in total so lots ;)
xx

Paul and Melanie said...

I know the feeling, I'm just back after almost a whole year of non-blogging... I think it goes in cycles, I know my enthusiasm for posting is much higher when I feel the allotment etc is going well, which it hadn't been. I am going to try and be more consistant now tho... :)

wellrooted said...

Hi, please can we have anoother update? It is the time of year when you can just sit back and watch all your hard work pay off. But with blogs come responsibily :) Will you trade blogrolls with us please?